Thursday, August 4, 2011

coconut-y kale & fruit smoothie.



I don't know about you but I love a good mid-day snack. Of course I always crave something salty but i'm putting those urges out by the curb lately. Recently, my usual go-to snack is hummus & rice cakes. However, today I came home with a huge amount of kale (which is so delicious, healthy and so cheap.) to cook with for the next couple days and I decided to throw it in a smoothie.

Kale is like the Hollywood It-Girl of food blogs. Everyone screams 'kale!' at the top of their lungs. It's a versatile, tasty and affordable. So I decided to try it out in a cold, nutritious hodgepodge of flavors.

Coconut, Kale & Fruit Smoothie

What You Will Need:
-1 cup of assorted frozen fruit (I used a tropical blend of papaya, kiwi, mango and melon)
-1/2 cup of shredded coconut
-1/2 cup of milk
-1/2 cup of orange juice
-One handful of fresh kale (I know this is vague but that's all you need to do)

Add everything into a blender and blend until smooth & ready to drink.



No comments:

Post a Comment