Sunday, July 24, 2011

beer of the week: smuttynose summer weizen

Now i'm certainly no beer expert, but I do enjoy tasting new beer & differentiating the flavors. One new beer that I tried this week was Smuttynose Brewing Co.'s Summer Weizen. I'd be lying if I said that their packaging doesn't attract me immediately. There's this gem above. My boyfriend and I named her "Ethel" or "Edna" (both are appropriate). Their IPA has two old men in flannel shirts sitting in lawn chairs on the cover. I mean, come on. What more can I ask for? Oh yes, the taste.

It's delicious and refreshing. It's brewed with a combination of both domestic & continental wheat & barley malts, lightly hopped & fermented with a Belgian wit yeast. There are hints of chamomile and other floral-y tastes that really flow well together and make your taste buds very happy.

$8.99 for a six pack.

No comments:

Post a Comment